Unfortunately, the following was filed with the BBB.
Facts of our Project:
* We want to point out that Mirko & Jose (carpenters) did an amazing job. They are both extremely professional and produce a high-quality product when they are onsite.
* Work order was executed on July 31, 2017 for a $100K+ Screened Porch with a start date of 9-10 weeks from execution and a project completion date of 3-4 Weeks.
* Work began on October 30, 2017
* Last Draft of $6000 was requested on January 13, 2018 when the project was still not completed.
* We agreed to pay 50% of final draft ($3,000) on January 14, 2018 and hold back the other $3,000 until porch was stained (weather permitting), barn doors fixed, and fireplace/roofing stopped leaking.
* Steadfast was informed in writing of the fireplace/roof leaking on January 12th, January 28th, February 13th, March 5th, June 21st, and August 9th
* Steadfast was informed in writing of the custom barn doors (3) not working properly on January 12th, April 11th, June 21st, and August 9th
* Mirko (the lead Carpenter) reached out through text on Wednesday April 11th at roughly 2pm to schedule staining the porch floor on Thursday April 12th. We had to ask them to reschedule since the floor needs 48 hours to dry and we were already hosting an event that weekend, which would utilize the porch.
* After not hearing anything from Steadfast for over two +months we finally reached out on June 25th to find out when we would be scheduled to get our floor stained, fireplace/roof fixed so it’s not leaking, and the barn doors in working condition.
* This was the response we received from Steadfast on June 25th “We’ve got Santo’s and Mirko now booked solid the next month plus. As soon as their available, we’ll reach out.” and “Mirko is now on a $178,000 project in Great Falls that must be completed by 07/24 and Santos is now 2 weeks behind, on a month’s worth of projects that already had been scheduled, due to the rain. As stated, as soon as one is available, we’ll schedule you.” and “UPDATE: As of this time Mirko may be available early August…weather permitting.”
* We are not sure how these projects have anything to do with or impact our project which began on October 30th of 2017.
* After receiving these responses on June 25th we have patiently waited for Steadfast to reach back out, hoping for the best.
* Since we haven’t heard anything since June 25th while constantly checking our junk/spam folders just in case, we reached back out to Steadfast on August 9th, 10th, and 11th with no response from either Owner (Jack/Ken), the general office email, nor the Project Manager (Mirko).
* This project was expected per the Work Order to be 3-4 weeks. It wasn’t, things run over, and Change Orders occur, we are completely fine and expected as much schedule wise. What we didn’t expect was for work to wrap up January 13th and for them to walk away from a project with a roof that leaks, barn doors that don’t work, and a floor unstained. This is exactly why we were hesitant to pay 50% of the last draft but did so in good faith.
DESIRED OUTCOME/RESOLUTION: Steadfast stain our floor, fix the barn doors so they are in working condition, and repair the leaking roof/fireplace as contracted on July 31, 2017. The fact that we’ve had a roof leaking for 7 months with little to no concern is perplexing.
We will update this review if warranted.