I’m new to posting on CL, thank goodness for the scan warning material bc this person hit EVERY POINT to a tee!
* initially I fell for it then red flags started popping up!…
1) stating h/she will purchase without seeing it, “didn’t care about condition”, moving in from Virginia next week.
2) sending cashier’s check but would not send a picture of the check, stated didn’t feel comfortable doing online venmo transactions.
3) stated would arranged movers to pick up and asked if he/she could include extra money for me to pay the movers!? Dodged the question of why not pay them directly??
4) I apologized and withdrew from transaction, since then will NOT take no for an answer! Extremely persistent saying he will send it and then that his accountant already sent it etc.
5) I can now tell by the grammar and context of time in text that it is a man who does not speak English very well.
6) texts at 2am and inconsiderate of my requests brushing them off as if I’m not even stopping transaction.
I’m afraid they know my address and phone number and what worries me but I have an alarm system…
I told him to stop texting me or I will report him to the police for harassment and I will not be accepting any checks that come my way.
Ugh I’m so upset! These are the bad apples that soil the barrel!!
This is an amazing $700 purchase too! I know I was much too trusting initially sand that won’t happen again! Why can’t there be any good people in the world ones we could trust like 25yrs ago!!??