1. Scammers left message to “call the second you receive” message. I made mistake of calling back without checking phone number. (Revenue Canada leave these messages.)
2. Once you are on line, strong arm techniques, “if you hang up we will put out arrest warrant for you in 15 min.”
3. Message of scam: Your taxes from 2000-2016 we’e randomly audited and “good person like you with not history of fraud doesn’ make sense. You have 2 options: 1. Hang up and will forward name for arrest warrant. One week in jail for questioning, 3 months to wait. OR 2. Go in and pay an amt and set up payment plan (This is where the couldn’t decide what to tell me, it became more convoluted. I said couldn’t pay, had to borrow funds, but they wouldn’t let me off phone to ask…this is about time the warning voice in my head started getting louder)
4. When brought up my lawyer calling them back, suddenly I was no longer eligible for #2 option since I was going thru the legal system.! The rude language began here…”Just go and talk to your GD lawyer and I will forward your name for arrest warrant. ”
5. At one point disconnected when at peak point of emotion, he called back and said “You hung up on me!” (Another tactic to worry you!)
6. They give you a name and “badge number” to sound official but Spoke to 2 people, with different number of digits in their numbers (one had 5 the other 6). First person had heavy Indian accent and and second English name but if you listen closely, had accent Indian undertones.
Good thing is, I wasted a lot of 2 people time (over an hour) that they could have called others and they got $0. I guess if you want some fun in an afternoon, maybe waste their time and the longer you keep them on the more their stories will change.