Escrow is often the seller’s choice, and unfortunately my seller (& seller’s agent) decided to go through United Escrow Company.
They provided the OPPOSITE of service, information, speed, and were of NO help.
The main person of contact was Joyce, who i’ve been told has 20 years of experience. & had a couple email exchanges with Mindy.
They made multiple mistakes:
– Changing the escrow close date by 2 weeks. I noticed some of the forms started to say the wrong escrow close date, & all calculations based on dates were based on the wrong date.
Only after i, as the buyer, was able to catch this glitch, and when confronted, they started blaming everything and anything.
They have no idea why that happened.. Actually, there was a family funeral.. but everyone now is quicker on email??.. c’mon! just own up to your mistake.
At the final signing/ notary, Joyce apologized but that she heard it was 45 days. & that’s why the date was different, Ok.. so different story now? let’s be upfront, ok?! & HELLO?! purchase agreement clearly states 30 day escrow.
I smell something fishy, especially with the seller initially asking to extend the escrow.
– Mindy sending escrow docs, and on the email saying that they’ve enclosed info/ & to forward any & all questions to Joyce.
No direction that we are supposed to sign or fax anything.
Then, a week later it is OUR agent that tells us that there are a couple pages to sign & fax back. since it was delayed, everyone is rushing it.
– Mindy typing the wrong email address of BOTH the seller & buyer’s agent. can you be any more incompetent?
– saying HOA docs were ordered from day one, but it was never ordered. only with my agent pushing & pushing, it was finally done.
– charging us extra courier fees, including overnight service. when asked why, they said it was for a HOA docs. of course they were in no hurry, cuz they can last minute rush it & then charge us.
– charging us $200 (vs the initial charge $150) to have notary come to us. Sure, it’s “mobile” notary, but we were just told that our apartment was closer to Joyce, than meeting at her Ktown office.
Regardless, then come completely prepared. if you’d like a color copy of our driver’s license, tell us beforehand.
Don’t ask us in the middle to go retrieve our driver’s license, & ask us where is the best place to make copies.
Just to get everything done & over with, i went & made the copies myself.
– HUGE HUGE THING, last email conversation dated Aug 26 (11 days ago), to confirm our address for our refund (didn’t use all the pre-paid cushion) & closing statement.
We have checked our mail diligently, & did not receive our money or paperwork. 11 days.. **angry frown**.
Just emailed to get an updated status, i doubt i will hear back for a while..
I feel as though this company is amateur, and incompetent. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
I understand the recommendation as a buyer is to find a reputable escrow, and make that suggestion to the seller. we had no choice.
The only reason we closed on time, is cuz our lender & buyer’s agent was pushing & literally pulling the escrow through. of course, we didn’t close in 30 days, got extended a bit.
I do recommend my agent & lender, private message me for that info