In Response to a comment left by the owner: Josh, Thank-you for your reply, but I find it less than truthful.
1. The Quote we were given was below $400 and included the knowledge of the business filing.
2. The Texas Franchise Tax Report was a charge on our bill even though it had not been completed by you or an employee.
My husband knowing he could do this for free. Asked you to remove the fee because he was taking the necessary steps to complete this himself.
3. Being with my husband when he made those calls, he did quite well at keeping his cool when met with a lack of knowledge of the status of our returns.
He had to talk to 3 different people over 3 days to finally get an answer on the status of the return.
4. You did not wait patiently for 4 1/2 months. After 3 1/2 months from us getting the bill, we made a payment toward our balance because we were trying to work with you on fixing the price because we had been cheated.
Our account was also not sent to collections, as you claim, according to the employee we spoke to when making a payment toward the balance.
5. This post has been waiting on my to-do list since July/August, but any teacher will agree that a teacher’s personal to-do lists gets pushed aside with the start of school.
However, if you feel that this was posted in a time/manner that you see as a pattern in the service that you offer consumers, what exactly are you doing to fix it? It seems that whatever you are trying is not working.
6. Your comment just goes to show the lack of professionalism that you and your company have.
The dishonesty that I see in your response just validates why we are choosing to work with a different company this next tax season, and why we will not proved referrals to your business.
7. We ask that you retract your false statement that the account was sent to collections.
No such action was taken by your company and we do not appreciate the libel.