Lowe’s Air Duct CleaningThey were able to schedule me in short notice during holiday sea
I ordered the service due to the good review and paid $599 for air duct cleaning and HVAC cleaning. They were able to schedule me in short notice during holiday season. The company sent one technician to do the work, although I felt that the work was not easy for only one person. The technician was friendly. It took the technician about 3 hours to finish the work. and he also helped remove the nonworking humidifier from the HVAC. This is my first time to do the air duct cleaning, I’m not sure how it should work exactly, but just felt that something is a little disappointing, I just listed here for your reference:
1. There are several holes on their negative pressure vacuum pipe. I asked whether dust would go through the holes to room. The technician told me that it doesn’t matter.
2. 8 small holes and 3 big holes have been made on my HVAC main vent pipe for cleaning purpose. all holes were covered by some metal pieces after cleaning.
3. The technician connected the vacuum pipe to the holes he made on HVAC main vent pipe by using screws, which also left several small screws holes on the HVAC. there was space between the pipe and vent after screwing the pipe onto the HVAC main vent. I was worried that dust would come out from the space and pointed it out.and I was told it was totally fine.
4. The technician opened the cover of each vent and blow into each vent starting from upstairs. Because he didn’t cover or sealed all other vents at the beginning, when he blew one vent, heavy dust came out from other vents and dust became everywhere in the air. He went to cover the open vents using some tape after that.
5. Even after he finished blowing all vents, there was dust at the opening of some vents, you can easily see dust everywhere. I pointed it out to the technician and he had to use vacuum to clean more.
6. I requested before camera, but there was no after camera. The before camera was not camera inspection, but used a camera to show how it looks like inside the main vent.
7. I called the customer service to complain about the unexpected blowing dust situation. They offered me $100 refund.
4 Reviews on Lowe’s Air Duct Cleaning
I think they did a fairly good job, especially on the return vents.
I think they did a fairly good job, especially on the return vents. it was amazing how clean they were afterwards and the amnount of crap gathered at the end.
The only thing I was a little surprised about was that they didn’t run the same spider cleaner down all the ac vents. An air hose was used to blow each vent at the grill but those ducts were not snaked. Of course they are not as dirty as the return vents but I’m sure there is dust in all the 33 year old ducts in my house..
Manager called me back within the hour to correct a complaint. Much appreciated!
and furnace coils have been cleaned and think the sanitizing treatment will be a good choice long term.
We got the Gold package plus the coils in our furnace cleaned yesterday by Uros (great guy, professional, friendly, and seems knowledgeable) for a price considerably less than the quotes on the website.
Impressive and thorough job. We feel much better for our family’s health now that our air ducts, dryer vent, and furnace coils have been cleaned and think the sanitizing treatment will be a good choice long term.
When he called back he was apologetic.
Did a good job cleaning the ducting but somehow he forgot to remove the plastic bag over the air filter. No air getting through the house. I called but had to leave a message.
I got tired of waiting and forced out the tightly inserted filter with bag and threw out the bag and put the filter back in and now have lovely air flow. When he called back he was apologetic.